View Single Post
Old 12-02-20, 08:45 AM   #2250
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0
Default I have discovered new information on the "Quit/Start/Load/Reload" issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Nutz - just had a post with replies to several questions up & disappear on me while trying to switch between tabs on this cell fone browser... I will not attempt that again, but I do hope to have internet service for the PC tomorrow night, so we'll try again when I have some real screens to look at...
Uh oh! Because of the "gauges at high noon" post, which I seem to have misunderstood, I re-visited the "Quit/Start/Load/Reload" issue using the latest FOTRSU build.
I've discovered that even when I have a "Successful" Reload, that there are some weird alphanumberic characters that show up next to any unerased embedded "Marks" on the F5 Chart. Normally they just show up as an "X" with blank information. Just an "X".
So, on the "Reload", instead of "Mark 1", for instance, there is an "X" with some random alphanumeric characters as the "ID", which were not there at all on the "Load".
This ONLY happens on the "Reload" not the original "Load" of the same save game. There is a hint in there somewhere. Just thought I'd let you know I'm still involved here.

I'm just about to complete a 1X journey from Pearl to Midway to Empire Waters near Tokyo. I'm currently submerged waiting for dark to complete my surface run into my assigned patrol area.
I started the 1X Journey on Dec. 9th 1941, it is now Dec. 23 1941 at Pearl which means it's Xmas Eve on my Gar Class boat.
Once I'm in my patrol area, I'll be using accelerated mode to search out targets.

I had one aircraft encounter (radar contact) which forced me to dive on the morning of Dec. 22, 1941 a couple hours after dawn about 250 miles out from Tokyo. Four engine Jap flying boat. He didn't see me.

I'm thinking that the best approach in 2021, is to ALWAYS save only one iteration of a "Save game", no overwrites. Then ALWAYS close the game and restart using only one "Load". If one has to "Reload" a save game, Quit, Start and Load.

I've had no problems with any of my Save Games loading as I've proceeded on my mulit-day 1X journey.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote