View Single Post
Old 01-08-12, 09:45 AM   #20
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Having done two flights now, all I can say is just "Wowh". From A to Z, from Alpha to Omega, this one just feels right and surpasses everything I ever expected to see in a PC-based airliner cockpit simulation.

It's unlikely I will ever use any other airliner module again, whether it be in FS9 or FSX.

But be warned, even when you "know" other 737 modules (I knew the FS9-version of the PMDG 737, the Dreamfleet 737 for FS8, and the - also nice! - iFly 737 for FS9), you better be prepared for the need to learn plenty of new stuff. Yes, you will recognise many procedures and handlings of the panels. And still, there is so much more details added and needs to handle things different, so that you will learn lots of new stuff. The FMC alone is a new world. What it is capable to calculate all by itself not only is outclassing other FMC simulations there have been, but seems to represent the capacity the real FMC is capable of indeed, including self-calculating of routes and taking into account restrictions thnat it knows by itself. Sound environment is - most impressive, by immersion and detail maybe even "bombastic". Visuals are stunning. Flying and operation in mid-air was a dream.

But again, be prepared for many details added, or being done slightly different than how you "knew" them before. "Relearning" is the slogan of this package.

If you want a very well-done and round package of a 737 that is not as demanding on hardware and your skill-levels, and is not as much detailed, but still a very competent simulation, maybe you want to prefer the iFly 737 (I know the FS9 version, and I like it also very much, it really is a very good module). But the visually superior and more detailed package, the "real deal", that almost ridicules other airliner modules regarding sound, then the PMDG 737 currently has no competitor in the genre.

It is the new benchmark in its territory, no doubt.