View Single Post
Old 10-23-21, 10:04 AM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Glad you like it. Two of the three video are shot in constant 2x Timewarp, one video uses both 2x and 5x, because in the pedestrian zone I did not drive but walked and pushed the bike: slower speed, but 5x acceleration. Thats why you almost do not relaise the differnce between driving and walking: 2x 15km/h= 30 km/h virtual speed, 5x 5.5 km/h= 27.5 km/h virtual speed.

Yes, you can deccelerate the videos via Google, and 0.75 still works fine, the frames will become a bit unsmooth, but not enough to be seriously cruel to the eye. However, the music will distort accordingly.

Technically, Timewarp is GoPro's name for a special mode of their cameras that works extremely well and is a bit different from normal Timelap. It does not film in nomal speed and then accelerate the recorded file like timelap would do, but it films, accelerates and stabilises the image - and just then saves it to the SD card (thats also the reason why you have no soudn recording in this mode, it makes no sense). That does not sound like a big difference, but two years ago I filmed with normal modes and then accelearted it in postprocessing 2x, and also filmed in Timelap mode - and the quality is really inferior, there is more nervousness and instability in the images, and it becomes more stressing for the eye. The selling argument for GoPro cameras for me is their superior Timewarp mode, and their as good image stabiliser. I use nothing else but this Timewarp mode.

"Essen holen" is the most idyllic place to the East, along the river Werse. i think that video is the most pleasant of the three, and I had a lucky hand with the music choice.

"Aasee" is about a central city district of beauty and wealth, the green ring named Promendae aroudn the town, the central city lake, and the shopping centre, pedestrian zones and many churches.

"Herbstfahrt" shows the castle garden and how the landscape looks if you leave the city westwards. Its less urban and more landscape focussed.

Yes, many gardens, parks, and "green bicycle corridors". Münster is famous for that.

No, you do not need a car here, you really just do not need it, it only costs you money. You need one or two good bicycles, and good clothing for every weather, maybe a good trailer, it certainly helps. Public transportation/bus grid is said to be good. I do not need nor use it. You have good train connections, too.

Check the map above. Enjoy!

Last edited by Skybird; 10-23-21 at 10:18 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote