View Single Post
Old 08-27-22, 03:57 PM   #21
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
What you are saying then Hebe, is that the database of the game tracks the Group fine, but cannot "spawn" the Group since the Leader cannot spawn, correct??... the "easy" fix then is to change the Leader unit, and make the Isle trawlers a percentage call for later in the game's timeframe.
Correct - yes.
But what may be easy in the first place can be a month later a not that good idea, you know. In this special case here i would change the Leader into a chargo to get rid of the TaskForce-icon. Spawnproblem solved also at the same time.
In general one must get the cause of the existence of such a group when it comes to change its Timeframe (GameEntry- ExitDates) in the Campaign-file.
I think some of the groups are not there for fun only, or made for a specific time-scale. For example one group for one year. Keyword Loadout.
It may also be easy, to change the Roster-Dates (AppearanceDate DisappearanceDate) with the same consequence. In SH3 you drive a screw in one area, and an unwanted result will pop up one month later.

Quote:
So riddle me this then Hebe, if a ship is NOT the leader, will it cause trouble when the group attempts to spawn, if prior to the ship's "existence"? SH4 does not do this. It just spawns the ship... it might be "naked" without a skin, but it spawns...
Looks like SH4 is different in some more things.
Also Yes here. But i would not use the word 'trouble'. If a Unit in RND is not the Leader in a group, the group will simply spawn without this unit. The unit will spawn when the time is right, when the unit is build or "Commissioned".

Greetings.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote