View Single Post
Old 10-03-13, 07:23 PM   #1
speed150mph
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Bring sub simulation and navel combat into this century!

I'll be the first to say that I love the ww2 naval sims, especially ones that put you in the hot seat and give you a first person view of the battle, like enigma: rising tide and silent hunter. You get the feel of being in command, not watching from the inside. However these games are few and far between, and they are all set in the fierce battles of ww2. Well I say that we the people should make a point to be heard so someone might give us something new: a first person naval simulator of the modern ocean.

We've all seen videos of ship simulator extremes, or you can look it up on YouTube. You are the captain of a modern cruise liner Or supertanker, standing on the bridge as your vessel charges into the high seas, but with the ability to walk about your ship. The concept is there but I wanna someone to take it to the next level.

Now imagine you are standing on the bridge of a fully armed and combat ready missile cruiser, heading towards a patrol in the Persian gulf. You ordered her ahead two thirds and your helmsman is holding he steady on course 265, your radar and sonar are sweeping the area watching for a threat, your on board chopper is prepped in the hanger and ready to launch on 5 minute notice with Asw weapons, your rhib is hanging of the davits in case you need to board a suspitious vessel. Your main gun, vulcans, machine guns, cruise missiles and toperdos are ready, and your crew is standing by for your order to action. You have all the tools at your disposal, but how to use your assets is at your disposal. The ship and it's crew depends on the decisions you make.

Now take this, and expand it to a destroyer, an aircraft carrier, or a ballistic missile submarine. Imagine a dynamic campaign mode for say 4 classes of ship and 3 countries, aided by ai, starting with maybe a sea trial, to a patrol and then a hypothetical war breaks out, and your in the thick of it. And a multiplayer that pits captain against captain, and maybe even multi crew to test your ability to work together and function as a crew.

Now please find me a simmer who wouldn't go crazy over a game like this, even if you had to pay higher for it. I know I would. I know it would be a development nightmare, but the concepts are out there, it's just a matter of making them work together, and building off it.

So if you think that this is a great idea, repost this, send it to your fellow simmers, friends, anyone who might be interested. Because the only reason developers will undertake this is if there's a demand for it. We gotta prove that interest in simulations isn't dead, and that we are a thriving community who is sick and tired of being forgotten, and left I satisfied trying to make the most of our limited option. We can do it.
speed150mph is offline   Reply With Quote