View Single Post
Old 06-02-19, 12:16 PM   #8224
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I would not call it a "fix" for the deck gun. in the true sense of the word, but rather a work-around. As posted above in Submarine Equipment UpgradesV90RC2.pdf, some boats are only stern mounted guns, others are only bow mounted guns. We'll see if that does the job. I have been attempting to test the bow mounted boats, but haven't gotten one to show yet. I might have to do another patrol to get further beyond the date. I'm in the Tambor, and it shows the gun should upgrade sometime after July 31, 1942. I started my career in the Middle of 1942, and have only been out twice on shorter patrols, and it is now August 3rd, so I'll run out on a short one again, and see if I can get a 4" deck gun when I come back in... As for the 5" guns, they didn't come in until late 1943 in real life, and January 1944 in the game, but again, it depends upon where you are based, and some unknown game mojo that I am apparently not familiar with - because I usually get things several weeks later, if at all... - as a side note concerning guns, the 4" guns that you can get were initially coming off of the "S" Class pig boats, and then being re-fitted onto the newer boats... there were no "new" 4" guns... some of the 5" guns came off of BB and CA secondary batteries, and were similarly re-built and re-fitted to the subs... kinda scary...

Maybe someone will feel adventurous enough to do "mine tubes" for the US subs. I have not even begun to look and see if it is possible to do such. What I would like to see is a NavalBase with limited torpedo and fuel availability, such that if you come into Fremantle in early 1942, you don't get a full tank of diesel, and you only get a dozen Mark 14 torpedoes. Combine that with 8 mines, and you've got a more "realistic" load-out... - Thanks for the "thanks", good sir! We all appreciate it.
Mine tubes are the same as torpedo tubes. The mines went out of the torpedo tubes. You are merely putting out a mine. A Gato could hold 40 mines because the size of the mine meant you could place two mines in the space of one torpedo.

When I had the Tambor on the current career I switched to forward deck gun and lost the crew compartment which made the weapon useless. Upon receiving the Gar then the Gato I made sure to keep it on the stern. When I got the Balao I switched back to the bow mount when the 5 inch upgrade was offered as a test but again lost the crew compartment making the weapon useless.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote