View Single Post
Old 09-11-22, 04:13 PM   #3
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I am not certain about it KM, but memory tells me that the human-editable portion is in the NSS_SubName.cfg file, specifically the periscope depth setting - which is given in meters, btw. Anything else is in the game's files (exe and StateMachineCtl.act??). I might be wrong about that though, and potentially at a high-percentage chance...

If you are experiencing the dive alarm though, at depths lower (greater) than periscope depth, then there is possibly something else going on in the modded game. Take the stock game and take a IXD2 out for a drive, and see what it does in the Stock game, as compared to the boat you have in Dark Waters. Also, remember what we have found in FotRSU, in that ANYTHING set incorrectly in a player's sub can and will adversely affect other aspects of the boat's operations. This includes the clothes that the crew wears...
maybe i did not explain myself properly.

in DW and no other modset that i am aware of, the boat can be submerged at any depth and if i order increased depth, the dive alarm sounds.

i'll look at the PD settings in Subname.cfg but if we are at PD, no matter what that is, the dive alarm should not be activated until we surface and resubmerge.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote