View Single Post
Old 09-11-22, 10:25 AM   #1
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Default Selection of a Sound

Gentlemen,

DW uses a diving alarm every time a Kaleun changes depth and dives deeper but not shallower. this gets annoying.

How is a Sound connected with a Command? in this case, a player can select a deeper depth using the Depth Gauge or by pressing the "D" key. so, how are those to actions tied to a Sound activation?

my homework
the connection is NOT via the Commands.cfg file because that was the first place i checked. the "D" command has no additional entries for sound AND there is no command for using the Depth Gauge to change depth.

if it is in Sh.sdl then it is hidden because i tried to add a "sound name" with the thought that there would be a list of commands to which the sound was connected but that option did not present itself. One merely types in a Name and then attaches a sound to it.

looking at the Sh.sdl file contents, it seems as if Names must follow a specific format in order to be connected with something outside of Sh.sdl but how is that accomplished, if true?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any thoughts or knowledge on this would be appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote