Old 10-30-15, 07:33 AM   #269
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMa View Post
Just a quick update on the situation...
Thank you very much MaMa, your contribution to track down the DRM/tonnage bar issue is very much appreciated here

Quote:
...And last : Ubisoft answered to my question about a possible timing for a solution of the problem. They aknowledged it but they told me that is a low priority issue due to the small number of queries received (i guess they are interested on making money with something else at the moment )...

Quote:
thus i ask to everyone interested, forward a query to the UBI customer support hoping that it helps bringing some pressure on the issue.
I will.

Can you please provide us with the message you sent to Ubi hedquarter's technical support (the one in english), as well as their email adress/contact link and the customer name you used for getting in touch with them? I just want to make sure my query to fall into the right hands, and them to understand what I am talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Is it ok for Ubisoft to say it is a "low priority"?

Ubisoft are currently selling a game knowing that it does not work properly.

They have a legal obligation like any other seller who sells a product that it has to be "fit for purpose", and it is not.

Peter

Yes, they have two fair ways to deal with the issue: fixing it or admitting that SH5 is abandonware and stop making money with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Ubisoft is bunch of unscrupulous guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Dont expect official fix because that will probably never happen.
Quote:
Like you, I do not expect Ubisoft to do anything about this...
So do I, but as stated by Peter it's a matter of principle. I bought their game fully aware that it was full with bugs. I didn't expect Ubi to fix them, but I can't accept them to even add new ones to the collection. Are they serious?

Quote:
Most of deceived customers are not aware that there's SH5 version out there which is "tonnage bar bug" free, but something like that is not allowed to be discussed so I should better stay silent...
Well, until they release an official fix I am not afraid mentioning any SH5 anti-DRM crack (crack or fix?), as using it is the only way to bypass the problem and play a game I legitimately bought, without having to mod it heavily. I am aware your modifications to OH's campaign are a good alternative, but neither Trevally nor TWoS are on Ubisoft's pay roll so, if you ask me, if they decide not to deal with the problem they are liable of fraud.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote