View Single Post
Old 10-29-15, 10:48 AM   #264
MaMa
Bosun

Downloads: 108
Uploads: 0

Hi to everyone !

Sorry if it's been awhile since my last post but i was out due to my job ...

Just a quick update on the situation :

I can confirm that in any way this bug is related to the campaign files. I checked everything inside them and, despite various errors, there isn't anything related to the problem (remember that i'm talking about the vanilla game, without any MOD or changes made).

Everything is related to this damned OSI application loaded when the game first load a save or when a new game is started. I even tried to check the OSI.exe file with a decompiler but my knowledge is too limited to understand the data flow of this "DRM emulator"... it's sure that is something related to the virtual DRM management now handled locally by this application, it seems like the application can't communicate with the game correctly most of the time but not always...

Using a debug viewer and running it in the background allows everyone to know if the game is correctly loaded : simply check if all the elements are loaded correctly (as shown on my first post) but is real painful to load a saved game several times or to re-launch the Whole game to make it run correctly...

And last : Ubisoft answered to my question about a possible timing for a solution of the problem. They aknowledged it but they told me that is a low priority issue due to the small number of queries received (i guess they are interested on making money with something else at the moment )... thus i ask to everyone interested, forward a query to the UBI customer support hoping that it helps bringing some pressure on the issue.
MaMa is offline   Reply With Quote