View Single Post
Old 04-05-11, 12:23 AM   #14
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
Oh, the fuel tip is an interesting one! Didn't consider that a factor, but makes a lot of sense. That certainly does make the Shark even more interesting...

Actually, I find the side scan relatively useful for searches - but only provided I can effectively combine it with quick dashes. It's not 360 degrees, but you can clear the whole circle by making just one 90 degree turn. Often you can also judge a target by where it's NOT, which is actually quite handy if you already have an idea where it may be.
Problem with that theory is the way they are scoring it. You lose a point for each ping. So you ping and find out he's not there. So you know he's GOT to be here. But you still have to ping to confirm. That's 2 points. Where a 360' MF would accomplish both with a single ping. ("Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please." )

Ideally, I would have a 360' MF, with a 120' 1200yd forward looking HF. That way you can find them, then zip over and latch on with HF and trail them from a decent distance, so you won't get shaken by a sudden diving turning maneuver.

EDIT: OK sorry bout that last one.... got a little carried away with that website....

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote