View Single Post
Old 04-05-11, 12:07 AM   #12
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81
Uploads: 0

OK, back to the OP.

Shark Tactics.

I don't like how it's only got 'sidescan' MF.

You have to turn away from your target, ping, then sprint over, and ping again, just like you said.

I ended up burning a lot of fuel doing this. And apparently, from the scoring sheets, fuel is a major factor.

Quote:
3.5 Scoring
You start the game with 2000 Bonus points: 1000 bonus points for MF High Frequency Active Sonar (MF) and 1000 bonus points for fuel.
• You LOSE a point for every MF Ping you emit.
•You LOSE a point for every 10 seconds you spend at full throttle. (This interval is scaled for progressively lower speeds. As speed decreases, the time between point deductions increases.)
• In most missions you RECEIVE 200 points for every minute you hold the SSK on MF /EO/IR/or Radar. 15
• In most missions you RECEIVE 300 points for every minute you hold the SSK on High Frequency Active Sonar (HF).
• If you hold the SSK on multiple sensors, you get the combined points for all sensors that hold the contact.
• 1000 points are deducted if you enter the exclusion zone for surface contacts. (Your brief will inform you how close you can get to a surface ship before penalties are incurred.) 1000 points are deducted for each additional 5 minutes you remain within the exclusion zone.
OK.... and reading this again, stealth is a concern, but not a major one. But I was wasting a lot of points at high speed, trying to sprint and ping on the target.

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote