View Single Post
Old 03-24-07, 09:11 PM   #943
Snakeeyes
Captain

Location: trailing 1400 yards behind an Oscar-II with my outer doors open
Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Ok. First off... I found the corrupted Bin file and replaced it. I guessed that it was number 4 after taking a ruler and measuring exactly where the installation line stopped and diving it into fractions.

Damn stray electrons can screw up your whole day.

Not much time to play tonight, me being married and all, but I fired it up.

For some reason the first time it crashed my system. Don't know why and don't care. Second time it rocked. LOVE the E3 video you Kriegsmarines put at the starting sequence! It was the first one I played last year when I was thinking about buying SHIII and was farting around on the internet learning about it during my 30 lunch at work.

I went to just the basics to get my first impression. How abooooooooooooout... Artillery? (Sorry... still an Army brat... I like things that go BOOM. The only other sim I play right now is Steel Beasts Pro).

You guys totally revamped the sound! From creaks in the hull to stagnant water outside to gunfire. WOW! Love the new sounds of the diesel! Sounds more menacing. Stock SHIII you felt like you were in a model-T... now I feel like I'm in a Klingon Bird of Prey or something.

Everything about this mod is 100% quality. I can see why it has won so much recognition... this MAY be better than the complete Operation Flashpoint Overhaul mod.

That was ALL I could do tonight unfortunately... but I'll be back. I just wanted to thank everyone who worked on this mod.

P.S. Is it true that there are actually dolphins?????????!!!!!!!!