View Single Post
Old 08-07-22, 10:02 AM   #61
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by clowncarsplatoon View Post
Hey kyle9154 what are your system memory specs ?

I am always getting CTD after mission loads & U-boat logo when starting a new career mid-war (8/1942), and both merchant & warship packs are enabled via JSGME on a system with 16 GB memory (Ryzen 5 5600H, Nvidia GTX 1650 mobile).

Starting a new career early in war (1/1940) with merchant & warship packs enabled causes no CTD on system with 16 GB memory.

Starting a new carreer mid war (8/1942) with only merchant pack enabled causes no CTD on system with 16 GB memory.

Game loads fine with merchant & warship packs enabled on systems with 32 GB memory (both potato and powerful gaming laptop) early and mid war.
I have 16Gb of Ram as well so I don't know what could be causing it, maybe your processor/graphics card is a little on the light side. I have a i5 10600K 4.1Ghz processor and a GTX 1080 graphics card, let me test a 1942 august campaign real quick with VIIC but pretty sure I tested that year in a IXC already.

P.S. This mod is heavy on memory I won't lie which is why I split the warships and the merchants in case it was too much load on some lower end systems. Adding like 80 ships to a mod that already has a ton of ships doesn't help so I highly recommend using a mid/high end desktop and not a laptop when using this mod.

Update - so I loaded up an Aug 42' VIIC 1st Flotilla campaign and I got in after 7 minute load time which makes sense because without this the Onealex mod at that point in the war takes 5 minutes to load up and I said that this community units addon adds 2 mins if using both packs. Everything works fine on my end with my system specs, perhaps another mod is causing your issue or laptop specs are not sufficient enough.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t

Last edited by kyle9154; 08-07-22 at 10:39 AM.
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote