View Single Post
Old 01-30-23, 01:08 AM   #736
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

18 November 1943
Mostly uneventful.

-We attacked at Truk and brought the forts down to Level 4. Casulaties 933(J) to 234(A). We're getting there.
-DD Luce arrives at Eastern USA

19 November 1943
-Sulu Sea: USS Thresher sank a PB patrolling near the southern Luzon route. USS Aspro sank an SC that was part of the same ASW task force.
-USS Bonefish succumbed to damage sustained after her attack on Zuikaku.

SS Parche arrives at Balboa
SS Clyde arrives at Aden
PF Tacoma arrives at Mare Island

20 November 1943
-Philippine Sea: USS Gudgeon torpedoed an oiler just outside of Leyte Gulf. Damage was severe but I think it survived.

-Marianas: USS Cod was depth charged and sustained serious damage, limping back to base.

-I'm in the process of putting a wall of submarines up between the Marianas and the Philippines. That's the logical place for him to send the troops that just defeated me on Tinian.
-China: we've gotten into a skirmish near the Vietnam border as two enemy units are trying to flee. One tried to attack Pakhoi on the way, but my garrison is stronger. Casualties 95 to 9 favoring us.

21 November 1943
-Marianas: USS Scorpion sustained light depth charge damage from patrolling SCs. I'm backing my "wall" out to sea a little bit to avoid these guys and the air patrols.
-Truk: Avengers bombed 2 subs, both confirmed sunk. These were probably those recently damaged by aircraft near the Yankee Butai. A task force of 3 light cargo ships tried to sneak into Truk and got wiped out by SBDs. A 4th AKL was hit by scouts on patrol and may still be out there. On land, our troops attacked again, casualties 836 to 601 favoring us.

-Rangoon is so out of supply I've dropped my bombers down to 10,000ft and no one is shooting at them. Final assault greenlit.
-Same situation with Ambon. Phibs will rendevoux near Babar with the Arizona and New Mexico as we try to get their big guns rearmed (they've been shelling Koepang).
-China: I've attacked Kuikiang in the central region, casualties 320 to 749 favoring the enemy. This is part of an operation to isolate the industrial base of Wuchang/Hangkow. There will be only road left to block after I take this base.
DD Sproston arrives at Eastern USA
DD Walker arrives at Balboa
SS Flier arrives at Eastern USA
AP Gen. W.A.Mann arrives at Cristobal
231st USN Base Force arrives at San Diego

22 November 1943
DEI: one of my new airbases is nearly at level 5, the minimum size needed to operate B-24s without penalty. This base is in B-24 range of Surabaya, and recon consistently says there are ~90 ships in port there, including a large number of destroyers. I've been quietly standing down several B-24 squadrons in the region as B-25s take over a lot of the day-to-day pounding of their airbases and troops. I'm hoping to have as many aircraft as possible ready for a surprise attack soon.
Truk: Our engineers have taken the forts down to Level 3. Casualties 287 to 191. The scout-damaged AKL is still out there; a scout bomber hit it again.

China: We attacked Kiukiang again, casualties 634 to 329 in our favor. The skirmish at Pakhoi continues as well.
DD Caperton arrives at Eastern USA
DE Martin arrives at Mare Island

23 November 1943
Japan: USS Tang torpedoed and destroyed a PB near Torishima.
Truk: We spotted that last AKL again and sent a proper strike out to sink it. It was dead in the water for the SBDs to easily finish off.
China: The border skirmish is over. The enemy unit at Pakhoi (22nd Ind.Mixed Brigade) has been wiped out. The other has escaped into Vietnam.
DE Deede arrives at Eastern USA
SS Pampanito arrives at Balboa
PF El Paso arrives at Mare Island

Last edited by Molon Labe; 01-30-23 at 04:09 PM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote