Thread: Stormpowered
View Single Post
Old 04-16-11, 03:43 PM   #5
cuppa
Watch

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

I just found out about this client today and haven't installed it yet. Not enthused about a client install for just one game either. I assume the client is optional and I can stick with the old DRM system. Or did I assume wrong?

Either way, I won' be buying another product from Stormeagle because I no longer support draconian DRM from any company. Too many PITA moments and a few games I have been locked out of because I needed new activations sent to me and had to wait days to get them. One game I had to wait over a week to get new activation code.

OK, so I found out I am forced to install the client if I ever expect to get updates for the game so did so. Which means I had to uninstall the game, install the client and have it re-download the game. But that is not all, while downloading I disconnected from the internet because I had forgot the game was dloading in the background. Restarted it just now and it starts at 0% instead of from where I disco. Wonderful, keep up the good work at annoying your customers.

Last edited by cuppa; 04-16-11 at 10:18 PM.
cuppa is offline   Reply With Quote