View Single Post
Old 05-03-11, 09:45 AM   #64
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

I have to say, I thought that using this was going to be a real headache and take hours to figure out, because it all seemed so complicated and there was SO much to take in with regard to the changes and new options involved.

But the actual process, once I downloaded and unzipped the file, was pretty painless. I just read the readme and followed the instructions, it only took a couple of seconds to apply the patch and so far I've had no trouble with the revised sh3.exe.

What took me forever was deciding which options I wanted, and whether I wanted to make any changes to the .txt file for new 'congratulations' messages from BdU.

Oh and once you have your new sh3.exe, you can use JSGME to put it into the game (or take it out and restore the previous version) if you have problems. Just make a folder and call it 'Stiebler Hsie Patch' or whatever you like, put the new sh3.exe in it (not in any 'data' or other subfolder) and then drop the whole thing in your MODS folder. Enable with JSGME, it will overwrite your existing .exe file with the patched one. Disable, the patched one comes out, the previous one is restored.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote