Russian_Voice_Crew_for_SH4
RussianRadio
Path SW v_112
RealMine_SW
Soviet Medals Mod
Arctic Sea
English_translation_LITE_SW110

Start SH4 and you should be good to go.

The mod "Path SW v_112" is version 112, an update to the campaign and a few fixes to game play.

Arctic Sea is a mod that comes with the Soviet Waterway addon, changing textures to more closely resemble the arctic conditions on the Kola Peninsula and northern Norway, where my current campaign takes place. There are two other texture mods (Baltic and Black Sea) which each give the simulation a different look.

The "Soviet Medals Mod" I found here at Subsim, and adds more realism and eye candy.

The "English Translation" mod was created for version 110 of the Soviet Waterways addon, but I have yet to have any issues using it on top of version 112. Although the translation isn't perfect, it's a very good start, and at least allows those of us not fluent in Russian to understand mission orders and radio messages.

A complete translation would be very welcome indeed, although I've looked into it myself, and it's no easy task.

Hope this helps. This mod has rejuvenated my interest in SH4, and given me a chance to play a sub sim in a genre I'm not very familiar with, allowing me to also do a great deal of reading about Soviet submarine operations in WWII.

My campaign in the Baltic did not go so well (struck a mine running from two Nazi torpedo boats at the entrance to the Gulf of Riga, and L-3 was lost with all hands. My appologies to Captain 3rd Rank Petr Grishchenko, who fared much better with L-3 in real life!)

For my second crack at a campaign, I've taken command of K-2, a big cruiser submarine assigned to the Northern Fleet at Polyarnyy. The weather up there alone is worth checking out!
DeepSixNiner is offline   Reply With Quote