View Single Post
Old 07-11-19, 05:28 PM   #8340
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
- Does FOTRSU include a version add-hoc of the Razzle Dazzle mod? I add the Razzle Dazzle mod to JSGME, but I´m not secure if it is redundant.
Hi fitzcarraldo

As the fella who originally made Razzle Dazzle, and also ported it into FOTRSU a few years ago, I can give you a definitive answer on this.

Short Version:
You do not need to add Razzle Dazzle into FOTRSU. It is already in the mod.
In fact if you try to apply Razzle Dazzle on top of FOTRSU, you will end up with less variety of skins for about 15 merchants, rather than more.
Please don't do it

Long Version:
A few years back, when Rockin Robins first started this project, I volunteered to port my Razzle Dazzle skins from TMO into FOTRSU, and also do new skins for the many many ships that FOTRSU added.

My plan was to do every ship originally, but I got a bit burnt out, and ended up doing all the freighters, tankers and troop transports - and nothing else.
Still - that's pretty good - I am happy with that.

However, whilst playing the latest build, I can see that there have been a few freighters, tankers and troop transports added since then.

So there will be some ships you see that will not have the old Razzle Dazzle applied.

I might get to these, or I might not - who knows??

However it is important to realize, that when I ported Razzle Dazzle into FOTRSU, I expanded the number of skins per ship.
In the original mod for TMO, it was 6 skins per ship (I think?!)

However the files I gave to the Mod team for FOTRSU was 10 skins per ship (again, I think, my memory is not what it was)

So if you try and enable the old Razzle Dazzle on top of FOTRSU, for about 15 ships (that are in TMO) you will be reducing their number of available skins from 10 to 6

Hope this makes sense mate

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote