View Single Post
Old 01-26-20, 12:30 PM   #54
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

As to my best knowledge, this film gets the basics on the cons and pros of face masks right.

Best way to maximise your chances to stay healthy of course is not to move amongst people. But there might be times when you have no other option, if only for the purpose needing to go to the supermarket every couple of days. For the reasons given in the film, I recommend to use frame masks or half-masks or however they are being called. They usually have silikon rims that seal mouth and nose areas better than surgeon paper masks, and they have chnageable filters. If oyu do craftsman work, you probabaly have met them in any form during your working when handling paints or dissolavants, dusty material and such things. Just remember, you need better filters than that for craftsmen. FFP3 instead of FFP2 and FFP1.

These masks are not expensive, and are much more fail-safe to handle by people never having handled masks before. They still are relatively unobstrusive. You can wear glasses with them, to protect your eyes' mucosa as well.

Again, I recommend this model by Nanologix, its great advantage is that the soft thin silicon rim fits your face nicely, you really have to make it an effort to wear it in a way that unfiltered air from the side slips through. The filters can be exchanged. We talk about 20-25 coins for the frame and one FFP2 filter, and 8 coins per FFP3 filter.

The masks are used by police, firebrigades, emergency rescuers, government services in the Czech Republic and have been distributed to several EU authority offices and services as well.

Anyhow, something like this, instead of simple paper surgeon masks. You get the idea. BTW, they are pretty light.