View Single Post
Old 01-05-11, 03:01 AM   #814
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

@Myxale: Nice to know that only VII and IX uses external torps. Makes things much easier.

@ALL: Another question/problem:

Imagine the following situation: Crew is currently reloading externals and watch crew sees an enemy warship or aircraft. In this case the player has to alert the crew to hurry up or cancel the reloading process in order to dive rapidly.

This reqires a new system-command, say, "CANCEL_RELOAD" (and a little state machine).

This can be programmed in 2 different ways:

1) Overload/Abuse an existing command, e.g. the first pressing of the crash-dive button "C" could be interpreted as "CANCEL_RELOAD", and all subsequent pressing of "C" key then are interpreted as crash-dive.

2) Use/abuse a so far unused system-command like "WA_report_damage" (see Commands_en.cfg). With a little edit of Commands_en.cfg this new command CANCEL_RELOAD could be assigned its own key like "Ctrl-C", and even it's own menu button in a GUI.

I personally prefer solution 2, although it requires a little edit in Commands_en.cfg (solution 1 doesn't reqire that, but does require more assembler programming).

My question is: Is this command "WA_report_damage" in Commands_en.cfg really unused so far??

I tried to trigger it, but I saw no reaction of the game on this command.......seems to be a command that was planned by the devs but never finished...

h.sie

Last edited by h.sie; 01-05-11 at 04:30 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote