View Single Post
Old 07-10-14, 04:39 PM   #30
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSKRipper View Post
I think the idea from emsoy will work fine.

Sure you can get shorter replenish times. In a WW3 Scenario the most defending nations would be able to fly more sorties but at much higher costs. It would be a "all out scenario". I don't know how the exact plan for the Swedish Air Force was, but the German Air Force would have been regrouped in western europe instead of hopelessly fighting over german territory.

But in every conflict today, even minors against a superpower (USA vs. Iraq, Russia vs. Georgia e.g.) both sides will take their time to analyze the situation and not stupidly sacrifice their planes for massive attacks. They are simply too expensive
English is not my native language and i don't know how I shall explain it

Planning, gathering information about the enemies postiion analyzing a.s.o a.s.o is MY JOB as the player it is NOT the games(Commands job) the ONLY thing the game shall do is
Load the plane with those weapon I have given the base order to do
and the amount of plane which shall have these type of weapon
AND do the repair/maintenance
That's all
and of course defend the base in case of an attack.

Please do not tell my it takes about 4½-5½ hour to JUST re(load)* and re(fuel) a fighter jet e.g F/A-18E(I'm talking about a plane that is fresh, no damage and with a fresh pilot)

* Air-to-ground and ASUW

The Combat turnaround air-to-air for JAS 39 is 10 Minuit

and the average time for maintenance per 100 hours of flight time is about 3 hours for JAS 39

I do like the idea emsoy mentioned.

Edit(again)
forgot something

when I read stuff like "both sides will take their time to analyze the situation" which is from your last post, then I get some kind of..well can't find the word... Most of you say, (not directly though) it's a player Vs computer game, but all these answer you are giving me indicate that it is computer Vs Computer game.

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 07-10-14 at 05:29 PM.
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote