View Single Post
Old 08-27-20, 01:53 PM   #72
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Well, you are flying over Bing Maps, literally, and as long as you cannot save 2 Petabytes of data on your HD (or accept a simplified display of the landscape), you need online all times, yes. And even for that the game will save the sim data and plane data on your HD, which is over 100 GB.

But to say this for once and to leave no doubt on it: this is probbaly th ebets looking game I have ever played. Its gorgeous. My Game of the year 2020 contender, no doubt.

There are issues, probolems, bugs, yes. But it will be ironed out, and then addons will start to do the simulation magic.

I did not expectg to become so happy with VFR so quickly, since I was an exclsuive IFR flyer back in the days.

==============

I also have started my world tour, already am after day 3.

Day 1: EDDG-EHAM Münster-Osnabrück to Amsterdam Shiphol, VFR 1500 ft, Daher TBM 930, 1410H-1446H, fair, scattered

DAY 2: EHAM-LFAC Amsterdam Shiphol to Calais, VFR 2500 ft, DA40 TDI, 1443H-1636H, scattered, misty

DAY 3: LFAC-EGLC Calais to London City Airport, VFR 1500ft, Cub Crafter XCub, 1432H-1519H, fair, clear

So I am now in London and need to get up to the north to Kirkwall (for the slightly longer jump to Iceland, the small airfield on the Faroer Islands is not modelled in FS20). How to get from London to Kirkwall is not yet decided, any points of interests between here and there that I should not miss? I will fly some city sightseeing in London of course, but have done a 4 hours long VR Google Streetview visit in London just three weeks ago.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-27-20 at 02:13 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote