Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
Hi Racerboy,

First of all thanks for this great add on for Sh3!
I like much eye candy and effects...adds imersion and the game becomes more fun and less boring (SH3 is a tooooo long game ).

Some feed back...
Two things that i don't liked (it's only my taste, not a criticism , ok? ): smoke from ships are too "light" and slim sometimes. And I also prefer the stock depth charge splash detonation above water. That is ok, I already changed these two textures in my installation and all goes well.

But...when I was looking for the above water depth charge detonation splash I opened your materials.dat with the TT tools (the one that we use to look at the textures inside .dat files) and noticed that several textures are now just a small square of a tiny gray/white without alpha channel. Then I just used the old stock textures for the depth charge splashes and the effects becomes good (better) than the one using your materials.dat (version 2.01).
Well, to finish: could be this an error with the textures on your file or I'm missing something??:hmm:

Regards,

Rubini.
If you would like, send me your files that you have changed or would like changed and I will evalute them. If they prove to provide better effects then I will incorporate them.
Thanks for the offer RB!
But isn't the case. I just used the stock textures for depth charge detonation splash and another smoke texture that isn't mine.

My main question is about the absence of the alpha channel for some textures making them all the same - same color and same size - (several ones) on your material .dat. My concern is that this could be a bug that you didn't noticed.:hmm:

As I said, at least the depth charges detonations are very better (IMHO) using the stock textures just because the ones on your files are (i think ) broken.

Take a look on then using any file that can open textures on the material.dat file.