View Single Post
Old 12-15-09, 05:16 AM   #1370
flakmonkey
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
Things just become more weirder... I reaload my patrol and went on doing the service for the fatherland. During the last attack I was in the contrl rom and decided to try again, and this time the animations worked. I opened the hatch and rised/lowerd the periscope. I though, ideed this was something to do with the malfuntions/sabaotage since many times, this incidents are "fix" during the patrol. Even more, a periscope no going up or down is after all a malfunction so, 2 mods with no conection just bost the realism a few levels.
After expending all the torpedos, I return to port and when aproaching my base, I went trying again the animations. None worked ( arrrrrghhhhh) and the weirder part, every time I hited the keys, I got the message "No officer in the helms station".

I shouted BBBBBBEEEEERRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNAAAAAAAARRRRRRDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDD
(like Kirk shouting Khan)...

Easy, you need to have officers present at the hydrophone station for the hatch command to work and a weapons officer present for the scope command, if either are not there you get the "no officer at helms station" message.
I got this first time round since while surfaced i never used to have my hydrophone guy there and never bothered with the weapons officer either.