View Single Post
Old 12-24-21, 01:51 PM   #384
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

12 September 1942

A very uneventful day.

-There was a relatively large series of air battles over Palembang, leaving 1 Hurricane lost in exchange for 1 Zero, 2 Betties, 1 Helen, and 4 Sallies.
-My army moving north up the Chinese coast has arrived at its next target, Foochow. There is an enemy army moving through the mountains to reinforce, but it won't get there in time. I might even try to encircle this army and eliminate it.
-A cargo ship was spotted entering the shallow water route through the Philippines at Legaspi, the sub that spotted it missed its torpedo shot.
-Palembang's Beaufighters flew a sortie, 3 of them strafed a transport ship at Oosthaven. The damage did not appear serious and no troop casualties were reported.
-Most of the pieces are in place for my operation to encroach on the Solomons. I should be able to move in a day or two after some recon flights. I'm looking to do something similar in the Ceram Sea as forces become available.
-I think I'm going to put a Midway operation together as well, but it's going to depend on a reliable KB sighting far enough away. It's just too--in the middle.

Reinforcements:
DD Gansevoort arrives at San Francisco
SC-636 arrives at Los Angeles
SC-739 arrives at Eastern USA
SC-743 arrives at Eastern USA
143rd USA Base Force arrives at San Francisco