Old 10-31-21, 12:06 PM   #288
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

27 June 1942
Enemy blunder at Chenghow results in mass army casualties

Japan
Our sub patrols near Toyohara spotted a major convoy and a large tanker. We didn't hit anything--but there's clearly an increase in traffic here that will make this convoy route a priority now.

Hawaii
USS Thresher got a landing barge, Sturgeon another. Sturgeon's had troops on board.

The Marys on ASW patrol spotted my large cargo ship convoy. Hopefully it's too late for them to do anything about it, they weren't attacked today and they'll be docked tomorrow. Maybe bombed dockside?

Makassar Strait
The O23 torpedoed and sank a light cargo ship near Balikpapan.

Thailand
He's reinforced Bangkok with a lot of Zeroes. They swept Rahang, claiming 7 of our P-40s while we managed 5 of them. I noticed my pilot quality here isn't what it should be, so I'm sending some of these guys back to training squadrons. One of the replacements assigned was Boyington, who was freed up when I disbanded AVG-1 awhile back (no replacement aircraft available to get them back online). He'll be active in 5 days.

Sumatra
They swept the area near Palembang that they were bombing yesterday, drawing our our CAP and shooting down a Hurricane. Then they did it again, but we had the only kill, a Zero.

Now that I know he's avoiding getting within torpedo bomber range of Singapore, that leaves the only route to Palembang through a very narrow channel between Sumatra proper and a coastal island. I had the O20 drop a full load of 40 mines in the channel. Hopefully that will pay off soon.

China
Despite having originally moved troops across the river at our flanks and entering Chenchow overland, today he sent reinforcements directly across the river at the battlefield. This resulted in a disorganized, desperate shock attack that utterly failed against our fortified base. Casualties were 12,236 to 0. In terms of victory points, his destroyed squads were worth as much as two carriers. This probably marks the end of his counterattack.