View Single Post
Old 02-12-21, 11:53 PM   #192
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Gentlemen:
I appreciate all of your comments, but there are so many more problems that have come up since I loaded the last message (the one you are commenting upon)...that I have decided to log off and return to my hi density scenery and aircraft in the flight simulator program I have been in since leaving SH3.
I wish you all the best (I mean that) but at present I find just too many problems to cope with. Including last night a message upon surfacing that LSH3 had a fatal error and would close...sending me back to Kiel to start (once again) all over.
OK maybe the 7b was available in 1939, but as I recall most (most) graduates of the basic opening training bit are assigned to type IIa or IIb subs and sent to the AN sector to get the basics down. I was not. Furthermore in my type 7b I was sent forth with no (repeat no) crew since I was not directed to the Barracks to select crewmen - as I recall doing in SH3 GWX.
The F2 and F4 commands do not get me to the proper command and radio room.
The opening screen for the first sortie shows: Kiel as - Long 0 00' W, Lat 0 00' S, with a sub at heading 0 degrees. Have we no idea where Kiel is re: lat/long? No, not important but sloppy.
Yes I am an old hand from the beginning of SH, and I was critical then too.
I may come back later to see what's transpired.
My best of luck,
-=dcp=-
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote