View Single Post
Old 07-16-20, 02:53 PM   #11
KungPao
Seaman

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0

Hi all
Thank you for your answers.

After four months of play I finally got some feeling about TMA. Well, TMA still drives me mad. Sometime looking at all the dots in a curved sharp makes me feel very bad. Fortunately I am not a perfectionist, I understand not all dots can be straight and I can live with that. As you guys mentioned, many times the problem is not about TMA ruler, but is about data accuracy.

About the TMA ruler, I still have a hard time to understand how it works. But it doesn't matter, my brain doesn't know but my hand knows how. Just like how my middle school geometry teacher trained us, "You don't understand how I solved the problem? Fine, hand copy my formula 100 times then I will explain why." Asian education.....

I guess after another 4 month I will consider myself an experienced student in TMA

Here I have another question about TMA
After entering a firing solution, LOB contacts will change into a solution. Can I change the solution back to LOB contacts? For example, I found out this solution is not correct, or I do not have time to keep tracking a zig-zag fishing boat, so I would rather to have LOB contacts on the map to increase situation awareness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by btruwo View Post
I've already watched your tutorial video.

I'm still confused how to deal with bad bearing datas given by TA after ownship changes course, which is not mentioned in this video.
I mean I have to know which LOBs are incorrect so that I can ignore them,but how can I know that?

I usually extend the TA to 1/3, running at 5 kt. I noticed that usually it will take 2 min for TA to be straight after you hear "steady on course xxx” , of course the TA is already in a curved shape before that . So at least the one dot before this and two dots after that are very likely bad data.
KungPao is offline   Reply With Quote