Old 03-28-22, 09:43 AM   #14
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
Not a bad ideia,I may used my old SSD that have windows 7 64 bit. I have a sad and HDD, 1 tera each on the new PC. I even installed she o. HDD just to have something there,besides backups that I am going to begin to place there.
Other question,if I may. And steam versions of the game? Could that suffer the same problem?
On My computer, I now have, I have 2 HDD's in it & 1 ext. HD ... 1 labeled A:\ the 2nd, labeled C:\ & the ext. labeled D:\ (which is where I house My \Games libraries)

A drive is where I house My mods repository which I unip drop into the game/s they are needed for & some notes that I've had to rebuild back up on since the drive I did all that on crashed & caused the loss of everything I had up til then... That, included & not limited to the following stuff...

mods for SH3, 4 & 5... (dumpster fire that it was in stock... better with TWoS mod set & a few add inz), subsequent compilations, gathered info & such all related to sub warfare, up to & including notes on types, range info, weapons available in real time (not on the drawing board, thank you...) and other misc. info pertaining to the war.... which, suffice it to say... the loss... stung.

C, of course the Op sys (which is & will be unless I win the lottery, Win 10 21H2... the last supported Win 10 version, since the advent of 11, has killed 10) I don't have ol' King Sol's resources flowing like milk & honey, out My aft tube... soooo.... yeah, am stuck with 10.

With 11, am not sure if I want to go to it, seeing as how they're (Microsoft) showing no love for old game appreciators...

Now... on to Steam... I have... & use Steam & have worked out a means to install SH4 unmooded in the \common folder... ran that just once (to finalize set up) & then... left it alone.

That install, is NOW... My go to, 'Gold' standard, virgin copy... to copy the guts from & drop them into newly created folders I do, in the following manner... created a new folder there in \common & named it \SHMegaMods

In that folder I then created 3 folders, 1 for each of the SH games...

So, after all is said & done the folder pathway, looks:

\common
\SHMegaMods
\SH3
\SH4
\SH5

In those folders, named \SH3, \SH4 & finally \SH5... I then do what I need to, to make copies accordingly... in this instance, 4...

I then, make sure that each new copy of 4, has in there: JSGME, MultiSH4. (which I simplified the process by dropping the initial item in that virgin copy, unused... of course... it's just there so as to ensure that when I make a copy I don't have to hunt down where I have them at... the ol' rusty, dusty, beat up HD of Mine, aka brain... ain't getting any younger... )

I then follow the standard protocols for modding the newly minted copy... according to the mod set that I am running with.

To date... I have... 11, modded copies of SH4...

1 Brit career, 2 Uboat ones (KSD II: Ace & OM: DW's v6), 1 Russian, & the rest are FotRS & TMOverhauled v2.5 BH v1 set ups... & they all work. 1 of the 11, is a testing of the update for TMOverhauled v2.5 BH... but... am not at liberty to disclose info... I could tell ya, but... then I'd have to silence ya...

Hope this helps & I haven't left ya & scratching your head... going ,

M. M.