Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
  • Whether Steam or Disk, install outside of Program Files folders - check
  • The Steam version installs DirectX and the Codecs for you - check
  • With the Disk version, you have to make those menu choices - ??
  • Once installed, you need the FileManager.dll write-enabled for MultiSH4, and SH4.exe write-enabled for the 4Gig Patch or LAA - mostly like a 'check'
  • If using an old Save folder, it MUST be emptied, else you mix games and mods - check??
  • Your monitor has a "native" resolution, which Windows calls "recommended" in its Display Settings "Display resolution" dialog. You should match those. In the SH4 game itself for Options, Graphic Settings, you should also match that there.
  • Refer to a post I made in Silent Hunter 4 & Windows 10 and remember that no two computers are alike, to the point that some folks don't need to change a thing, others need to burn chicken bones and do incantations... sigh
- none of my computers are set the same, but of course, none of them have the same display, much less the same video card... I even had to use the top checkmark box on that 2nd dialog for "Program DPI" and tell Windows to quit "scaling" the display for me...

Good Luck, skipper!

Yes, check until the 4 point. I am now installing to my hdd drive, it is the only thing there.

I did use the 4gb patch one time, before the changing of the main file, but no good.

Old save games did load fine but I now decided if I manage to get the game running again, no old saves or campaigns.

Yes, my monitor is 1920x1080 60htz. I did put this on the main.cfg file, but no go (after the last black screen, after the game had run fine in the previous day, etc).

I also ask for help form THEBERBSTER, he already did some guidelines for me to do.

I am simple tired of unstalling and re installing the game... I think my PC is also getting annoyed...
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote