View Single Post
Old 01-11-13, 03:50 AM   #49
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Okay so I did as you said (This time I flew from KLAX to KSAN (San Diego Intl))

Got my approach on runway 09 So I set my Course (Yellow arrow to 90) and followed the course changes they gave me. once they sent me on an intercept I turned on Nav Mode while HDG was engaged and it started its intercept. Only problem was, it kept overshooting the localizer... going too far left, then too far right. I had to go manual and drop from 2k ft to land.

What did I possibly do wrong?? Also it never intercepted a glideslope either as well as I noticed it was about the width of the runway left of the runway itself. Hmmm.

Also when the HSI springs to life and shows glideslope.. what doest that indicator look like? Both in the manual and glass cockpit planes?

And again when I went on a intercept (I activated approach vector in my GPS) my nav window (737) changed, I believe dashed purple was my heading set Purple solid was my waypoints and then a white line appeared which I think was my intercept to the LOC.

I know you are all for the PMDG which I plan on getting one day, but for now Im going to play around with the FSX aircraft until I can be confident and comfortable doing all operations with them and then move on up.