View Single Post
Old 01-10-13, 06:22 AM   #46
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Okay so I just saw what you wrote up about ILS again. So basically, I get my basic course.. input it into my HDI how?? And then once I get in range of the localizer (Apparently from what I gathered, it is the ILS feathers on GPS) I get the glideslope all set and good to go and then just land that sucker according to normal landing procedure?

EDIT: After a quick flight from KLAX to KNTD at Point Mugu again in a Beachcraft Baron using IFR rules I think I get it. So heres what I understand.

1) Once I get close enough, they turn me on a heading away from the airport (To start my turn to line up with the runway) and tell me to expect vector for ILS Runway 21
2) I go into my GPS and set up the vector landing for IL)S on Runway L21 so it shows on my GPS (Just as a secondary reference)
3) I then use the GPS to look up the ILS freq in this case it was 109.30 I believe.
4) I set NAV 1 to that freq, at this point I noticed my little heading thing with the yellow arrow (Theres soo many of them.. btw what does the one with the green arrow to) moved to the side
5) Realizing that was telling me I Was right of the Localizer I adjusted the heading of it (In enough time) and lined up perfectly.
6) Now this is what I didnt understand.. How do I tell when I hit my glideslope and where it is so I can intercept it from underneath??
.. at this point I pulled it off APP mode and just flew in manually but using the ILS. I had to correct a bit because my runway heading was a BIIIT off but it worked.

But basically that is it right?? Except it pays to be ready early ? lol

Last edited by reignofdeath; 01-10-13 at 08:43 AM.