View Single Post
Old 03-03-08, 04:23 PM   #46
GerritJ9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 6

capt_frank, I was already thinking along these very lines, but it will take a few days to do this as I would also delete the redundant files. Furthermore, this would be a "Work In Progress" as I am not under the illusion that we have fully corrected all speech faults. Plus, I will have to ask the GWX creators for permission to publish a modified version of their speechpack.

Fish40, the GWX 1.3 version should also work- I'm not sure if there are any differences in the two speechpacks, but if there are they are probably minor.

Philip Heinrich, installing the official SH4 German voicepack in SH4 v1.3 will merely overwrite the original US speech, so you end up with US submariners speaking German as well......... not quite the intention I presume. The ONLY way to use both US and German speechpacks as required is by using a German speechpack with JSGME, until the SH4 developers add multiple speech options as available in IL2 Sturmovik for example; for now it's activate the German speechpack with JSGME before starting the sim when you want to play with U-Boote, and de-activate when you want to play with US subs.

My SH3/SH4 mods: http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/GerritJ9
GerritJ9 is offline   Reply With Quote