Thread: some questions
View Single Post
Old 03-22-22, 02:09 PM   #7
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

yes, played the tutorial a few times and quickly got up to speed.

Have not tried MP yet, but it is well laid out for SP play. All the resources you need are one click away while at the UZO or Attack scope.

I always determine range by counting scope hash marks (never trusted the stadimeter in SH), so glad to see the Devs went with the same method.

My preferred method to determine speed, course and AOB was to plot the ships on the map. Not possible in SP since you cannot pause, although it would be fun in MP with one player manning the scope calling out bearing and range and another one plotting the course on the map and doing the calculations.

However, guesstimating the AOB using the old Mark 1 eyeball and using the stopwatch method to determine speed seems to give results which are not off by more than 10-20% which is good enough for a hit.

The only suggestions I would have would be to: i) be able to leave the recognition manual by hitting the "C" key again so you do not have to grab your mouse and go click the "X" mark in the corner; and ii) having and ingame speed calculator, but those are very minor points.