View Single Post
Old 09-28-20, 06:20 PM   #232
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

This is getting close to home: my neighbors inlaw refugees across the street have lost their home around St Helena. My daughter's museum board chairman is sure her's is gone just north of St Helena. Fortunately the kids, who are fed and camped in our guest room have renters insurance...and brought most of the whisky collection! passports, car titles...and toothbrushes,
In a crisis, one must prioritise and we're certainly getting soooo good at it! I think I'm up one fire to Neal's hurricane tally....Currently the tally is 36,000 acres up from 11,000 this morning!! and 80,000 evacuated... containment is 0% on all three fires. The smoke while not heavy by previous standards, is pervasive and keeps the DC-10 tanker from operating. EDIT: world famous Meadowood Resort, where President Bush and Obama have stayed...is gone! My refugee daughter just showed me the totally-engulfed pic on her cell phone.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 09-28-20 at 07:36 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote