View Single Post
Old 06-11-09, 01:39 PM   #44
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg View Post
Well looking at the screenshots the ground texture still looks CFS3, just slightly improved.
We'll see what the others think.

Quote:
As for the texture of the planes, the paintschemes can be replacated in most combat and none combat flight sims, same with the planes texture.
Hope the models are exactly the same or they won't work properly.

Quote:
But the HDR,bloom, water reflections and such like wheren't in common use when CFS3 was released. If Microsoft had but a little more money into CFS it would have those.
A) That's a nice thought, but they're not in it, and that's that.
B) CFS3 was released in 2002. HDR was not available for use in games until 2003.
C) CFS3's engine structure would not even allow things like HDR and wave effects to be used to begin with.

Quote:
And gameplay, OFF is a payware add-on for CFS3 or did you not read this ," There hasn't been a WW1 combat flight sim that has not been a add-on or mod for an existing combat flight sim."
Oh I read it, but I also pointed out that on Sim HQ, some of the devs (like Rabu) have been comparing OFF and ROF to one another. So, if they can compare the two, then I can contrast the two.

Quote:
And the fact that ROF has only three planes that a player can use, I think I will stick to OFF until there is a ROF Gold version availble.
Five, mate. Seven if you count the soon to come Nieuport 17 and Albatros D.V.

Oh, and ROF went gold... two months ago.

http://www.nd.ru/news/973645/
Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote