View Single Post
Old 06-01-13, 10:10 PM   #73
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
I can... But something stopping me. Same as something stopping sober.
if you don't try you can never do anything

no way can every modder on that list be denying permission

I myself spent 2 months getting permissions from lots of modders to use their work in a combined work, some whole and some were combined or merged with other files. it takes time and commitment to ask for permissions and wait for replies, then do it again if mods cant be used whole.

I did this because no one else felt like it could be done so no one tried. I had time on my hands so I tried and with only a small handful of about 4 or 5 mods that I wasn't allowed to use I managed to create a mod that still combined or merged something like 20+ mods together giving all the modders proper credit for their work.

the hardest thing about doing a big mod is finding the time to do it but the second hardest thing is to stop finding excuses why you cant do it and just try.

whats the worst that could happen? maybe you reduce the number of mods that have to be downloaded and installed separately to half of what it is now. isn't that still a success?

im not calling you or anyone out im just saying its easy to find reasons or excuses not to do something but all it takes is for someone to try.