View Single Post
Old 01-26-12, 09:49 AM   #7
magicstix
Captain

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
Care to tell us more? If it's a serious project I could help.

You can check out my portfolio @ http://www.ducker.se
Heh, define "serious." I'm certainly serious about developing it, but I'm only one developer. It's not being developed at a professional level for profit, but I am a professional software developer.

In any case, the game can best be described as a combination between a flight sim and dangerous waters. Players pick a side then they can pick a spot on an open crew, whether that be sonar on a sub, fire control on a surface ship, pilot on a seahawk, or navigator on AWACS (those are just some examples, I plan to have as many positions open as possible, perhaps with positions like ATC on a carrier, or even including a strategic level for "generals"). It would be full theater combat broken into campaigns lasting perhaps weeks. When one side wins a campaign, the "war" starts over (perhaps in another theater/campaign, etc...). With the exception of training missions, the entire game would be online.

Players would have to qualify for certain positions by first working at other positions. For example, you couldn't just take the captain position on a submarine, you'd have to qualify for it by doing a good job at other crew positions first like sonar or fire control, etc... Unfilled positions would be covered by AI to maintain realistic numbers and ops tempos, etc...

All of this is pie in the sky though; at the moment I'm only working on the 3D engine.
magicstix is offline   Reply With Quote