View Single Post
Old 03-12-06, 10:36 PM   #1
SubSerpent
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Is the game REALLY worth $125.00?

I love sims, I really do so please be totally honest when replying to this. Is the game (with honest answers only) truely worth $125.00? I mean a person could buy a very nice video card for that amount of money or even two Xbox 360 games or 3-4 PC games. That is a WHOLE lot of money for game, IMHO. So is it really truely honestly worth it? I mean SHIII is considered a ground breaking Naval sim in regards to graphics and replayability considering it has a very nice random and dynamic campaign but IT only cost me $40.00 when I bought it brand new. It lacks in a few areas and not everything was or still is implemented into it the way I believe it was really meant to be (Considering UBIsoft wanted to get it out on the market ASAP and rushed their developers). Dangerous waters seems like a better comparison IMO to Steel Beasts Pro Edition. It is not the most remarkable graphically enhanced sim I have seen but the most sophisticated and educational. That game cost about $65.00 when I bought it from Battlefront.com about a year ago and I thought that was expensive but I had the money and hadn't bought anything for myself for awhile. But $65.00 is bearable IMO but it MUST be a truely remarkable game for it to cost that much. Only the most overhyped games and some of them are good don't take me wrong ever cost more than about $60.00-$75.00 considering DOOM III DVD Jewel case only cost me about $60.00 dollars when I bought it and same with COD2 which cost me $54.00. Those games were created by some TOP NOTCH companies with solid backgrounds in game developement and seemed somewhat reasonable but a bit pricey to me at even that amount.

So now I debate with myself "Is SBPE truely honestly worth the money". Honestly to myself I have to say "NO" and let this one go since I feel as though I'd be ripped off by paying that much for it. The graphics look 'OK' but they aren't the best I have seen, the gameplay is probably "Excellent" but even the gameplay in the original Steel Beast game was "Excellent" so why bother paying more money for what I already have? The ability to command several types of platforms is nice, but I would be happy with just one platform if that would knock the the price down about $80.00. I guess there is a limit for everyone and I guess $80.00 is as high as I would pay for a game in my life unless it was some next gen game from the year 2025 or something when inflation has increased to the place that it is common to buy a game at $125.00 which is the equivalent of todays $45.00-$50.00 margin.