Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego_gut View Post
Hello all,

I'll try to address all questions

- The crew management screen can not be enlarged, the positions of the crew are hardcoded and only work within the original 1024x768 area. This is why every 1080p GUI has it in the lower left corner. This is also why 1360x768 GUIs work so well.

- The bright images on the rec manual come from added ships and it needs to be corrected by the author. ARB tried to fix it applying a dark filter to them but then the stock ones look too dark and everyone complains about that.

- I chose the size of the optic that allowed to have the best accuracy for the graticule. They have a diameter of 756 pixels and are divided in 21 pixel degrees, since 10 milliradian are 0.57296 degrees that would be 12.03 pixels so I could make the vertical scale very accurate. If I had used any other practical size the margin of error would have been much bigger. For example, if they had a 792 pixel diameter with 22 pixel degrees, the 10 mill marks would need to be 12.6 so if you used 13 you would have a 4 pixel error at the 100 mill mark. This is in part why I did not used ARBs graphics.

Finally, I want to clarify that the images posted by ericlea show the hardcoded graticles which is not how DGUI comes configured. However, if anyone prefers to have degrees shown along the milliradians on the vertical scale and degrees on top too it's just a matter of configuring the patch. They will be calibrated in the periscopes but they probably will not be calibrated in the UZO.

Regards
Thanks for clarifying things Diego

I suspected crew management page hard coded too...thanks for confirmation
Will also try to solve my ID book...shouldn’t be that hard.

Is there a precise reason why you choose to put the torp button order from bottom to top? Wouldn’t it be more logical to put torp I on the top instead of torp V?
Asking because it’s third time I launch the V instead of I !
No need to say I’m still waiting the torpedo impact!