View Single Post
Old 08-12-12, 08:18 PM   #58
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I can only speak for myself, but I never said I forgave Ubisoft for anything. I can't really see where it's my role to forgive them for a product, no one put a gun to my head to buy it. I reviewed it and gave it the lowest score of all Silent Hunter games (and just about every A title game since Fast Attack). I certainly expressed my dissatisfaction with how they handled the run up to the game, how they were closed off to input, closed off to the community, and basically held back review copies of the game until 2 weeks after it was released. Just as with movie reviews, when a company does that, it signals problems. And SH5 had loads of problems. It had great potential but Ubisoft declined to support it. But am I going to close myself off to new possibilities? Heck no. This is a new game, new dev team, and new direction. I try not to pre-judge too much, I have been wrong in the past. If SHO stinks, it won't cost me anything, I won't be playing it, and I won't waste any energy posting about it.