View Single Post
Old 09-30-13, 09:23 AM   #40
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

New Update: Version 0.16
http://goo.gl/wwMJqL
(Now hosted on Dropbox because Rapidshare's stopped working)

Changes:
  • Completely overhauled the damage modelling for most of the submarine. Now everything is tracked in much more detail; it's not just "Nuclear Reactor: 50% damaged" any more, now the internal components are modeled as well. Press D to order a crewman to examine an object in detail and report how damaged it is. As far as possible, everything behaves as in real life... try it out and let me know what you think! Since the new damage model introduces a lot of complexity and may be daunting for new players I've made it optional, you can disable it in gameoptions.ini
  • Added the ability to give a crewman a direct order (select a crewman and press O). He will immediately start work on the assigned task, and anyone who was already working on that task will get out of his way. This is really useful for managing damage control teams - you can now order your expert fireman to extinguish the fire while your best welder focuses on repairing the hull breach, without worrying about them trying to do the wrong job.
  • Added (limited) mouse support. You can now use the mouse instead of the arrow keys, if you enable it in gameoptions.ini
  • Added a couple of different rendering styles for fire in the game. Select style 1, 2 or 3 in gameoptions.ini and see which one you like best.
  • Added the ability to change the font used in the game (once again, this is set through gameoptions.ini) Most Windows fonts should work I think.
  • Some graphical improvements when looking through the periscope.
  • Many small bug fixes and tweaks.

Sorry about the wait!

Last edited by TheGeoff; 09-30-13 at 07:37 PM.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote