View Single Post
Old 01-23-09, 09:26 PM   #92
CaptHawkeye
Weps

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

In all honesty "Pause the game to issue hugely complex orders to multiple squadrons." Just doesn't work. I want to play a naval sim here, not a turn based jRPG. I've also been told to "use the map" but again, what year is it? 2009 or 1999? I'm trying to play a 3D naval sim here not Task Force 1942.

I think Jutland is an excellently detailed game with astounding workmanship. The problem to me is, the controls are just awful. Huge fleet formations are nearly absurd to control. The justification that "real admirals had huge workloads too" needs a bit of thought. Real Admirals didn't give precise direction changes to every formation lead in the fleet.

For some reason, I found the controls in DG to just be better. They didn't lag at all, and gave a satisfying sound chime to clearly indicate a command had been accepted.

On the brightside, recent patches have largely fixed the gunnery issues. Opening salvo by enemy ship used to hit like 50% of the time. From then on accuracy would just get worse and worse. You'd have one straddle after another, and then for some reason you'd get a bunch of salvos that are nowhere near the target even when it was unobscured and unchanging in direction/speed.
CaptHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote