jahwillprovide
Seaman

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
The relevant part of that is the line;

IDLinkWeaponIntervalDefault1= NULL, NULL, TorpedoTube21inUS,T11Torpedo

Whatever a T11 torpedo is, I don't have 1.5 so no Das Boot, no cold war mods either. Just now playing around with 1.4, I edited 3 files;

\UPCUnitsData\Ammunition.upc
\UPCUnitsData\Weapons.upc
\Submarine\NSS_s18\NSS_S18.upc

In the ammunition.upc, did a search for Mk27Torpedo, changed the availability to;

AmmunitionIntervalOptions1= 1941-01-01, 1946-12-31, 500

That means the cutie is available at career start.

Next the weapons.upc,
[Weapon 8]
ID= TorpedoTube21inUS

line reads;
AmmoTypesAccepted= Mk14Torpedo, Mk16Torpedo, Mk18Torpedo, Mk23Torpedo, Mk27Torpedo, Mk10Torpedo

Changed to;

AmmoTypesAccepted= Mk27Torpedo, Mk14Torpedo, Mk16Torpedo, Mk18Torpedo, Mk23Torpedo, Mk10Torpedo

That makes the cutie the default loadout at career start. The Mark 14 is the default for all but the S class, which defaults to the Mark 10 since in real life the 14 was too long for the S class tubes. So last the NSS_S18.upc ;

EDIT, REPLACE
Mk10Torpedo
REPLACE WITH
Mk27Torpedo

REPLACE ALL

Save, exit, try it out in game.

That works, starts a career in 1941 with default cuties in all slots on the S-18 class sub.

Should be able to do something similar with the U-boat and the Mark 48.

Ty very much !
Shot 8 torpedoes ripped from the seawolf mod while sitting about 10 feet above test depth in an S-18. Overall pretty good test, I downed 6 ships but all 8 hit their marks. Some of the Mk48s were fired too close together so the screening destroyers really got blasted out of the water when the 2nd one hit the boats already going under. Too deep to actually rest on the bottom unfortunately, so no pretending to be a rock but they were so scared when the cruiser went down that the whole convoy broke up without ever trying to find me
jahwillprovide is offline   Reply With Quote