Old 04-14-19, 07:54 AM   #11
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderWaterGamer View Post
Hi
I have managed to get the Hawk's mod working by using PowerIso, I draged and dropped the .exes in it and I then moved the content in my Silent directory.I actually found this by playing with Jane's 688(I)'s files, but unfortunantly the idbook10.exe is not working. I am using win7.

Note: for SHReal you need to put every file in the Silent folder. I only use the NewMaru when I change patrol zone. You can also find instructions inside the files.

All executables for the game, which is: all DOS executables and their setup.exe, setsound.exe etc. must all be run in Dosbox and nowhere else. From there it works all the time. Then, if still necessary, make additional sound or game setups in the frontend of Dosbox (e.g. Dosbox reloaded).

There is also a 'Manual plotting program' for SH1, this one is a Windows program, it will not launch under Dosbox, and not on modern Win-OS, it's a 16-bit program, therefore it's best to run all these old games in VMWARE with Windows XP, here you never have any problems when installing, seting up or playing.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote