View Single Post
Old 02-27-08, 09:30 AM   #10
snakeyez
Last Man Down

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sarsfield
I emailed the new site to Bill Lee and Ron Martini of USSVI. I asked them to pass the word to all of the museums. Hopefully, we'll see a large influx of members.

I'm not upset that you did this, either, Snakeyez. I asked Neal to create this sub-forum to accomplish the same thing, but your website will get a lot more museums participating, which was my goal from day one. Great job!

What I would really like to see from the vets is anything that they can remember in helping us fix/restore something. War stories are great, but we'd benefit a lot more from their technical know-how. If you get some good advice from someone, post it for the rest of us.
No doubt! I have already emailed back and forth with Bill Lee and Ron should know all about it by now.

And yes, I was worried about stepping on some toes, but I really want all people interested in submarine museums to take part, no matter if you are 10 years old or a 90 year old veteran or a subsim enthusiast. It isn't focused purely on restoration awareness but rather on promotion of all sub museum boats, which will hopefully lead to more money, more volunteers, and more public awareness.

SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG - These are the submarines in your neighborhood! Get involved, they need you.
Doyle Blalock - the life of my WWII submarine veteran grandfather.
Drum228.org - devoted to the Gato-class museum sub USS Drum (SS-228) complete with war patrol reports, historical info, and restoration progress.
snakeyez is offline   Reply With Quote