Old 07-02-21, 03:28 AM   #7
Mowgli
Sparks

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Personally I look forward to hearing your feedback .. since you seem familiar with the genre and said to play sh5.
Besides, the game is on sale .. take advantage of it!
Well my first impressions were not over the moon as I still have my SH5 WOS loaded but I stuck with it and started to enjoy it more.

I really like the fact that you can really manage your crews and so spend some time creating my own sea watches and shifts etc and prioritising the work of the officers and assigning specific sailors to specific tasks.

Once I got familiar with the UI it became more fun with being able to wander around my boat and just enjoy the graphics - which are superb but I still kind of prefer the internal sub graphics of SH5 but each to his own.

I have not completed a mission as I had to restart a new campaign in order to get my extra radio music working and now have one for Germany and one for England and that makes the game great for me as I love to cruise real time and just chill.

I cannot really speak about combat other than using the automatic targetting which works fine but eventually I will download a TDC mod to make it more realistic.

Modding from the workshop is very straight forward and there appears to be something there for everyone.

I like the look of the tech tree and the way it is implemented.

For more realism - at this moment in time - I would say that both SH3 GWX and SH5 WOS are superior but UB makes a nice change and is till under development.

In short, I am enjoying playing it and would recommend it as a buy.
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Mowgli is offline   Reply With Quote