View Single Post
Old 07-12-19, 10:05 AM   #49
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

From what I've read about it. Some say no matter how mature it is, the S-400 system is continually upgraded and is still very capable and dangerous weapon, difficult to locate and deactivate. However on the flip side countermeasure systems are very closely guarded secrets. People like us will not know what can be done about the S-400 until the shooting starts.

The main argument against Turkey having them seems to be the S-400 detection system can transmit data about our newest aircraft. Problem I see with that argument is Turkey isnt the only one in the area with a S-400. I've read Saudi Arabia, India, China have spent multi-billions of (U.S.) dollars acquiring them. Belarus got there's for free!

Quote:
General Joseph Votel told a Congressional hearing that certain allied nations are now looking to fulfill their arms needs elsewhere due to political considerations, cost, or delivery speed. "When our partners go elsewhere, it reduces our interoperability and challenges our ability to incorporate their contributions into theater efforts," he explained. Joint operations become harder to plan and manage, as the difference in weapons’ performances, handling procedures, and training of personnel mounts.
It still seems to me war is big business and for Turkey and others in their eyes it just made good political and business sense. Turkey in a historically deep divide with Russia and pissing off NATO might soon find itself being the target of both.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-12-19 at 10:33 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote