View Single Post
Old 04-11-07, 10:46 AM   #6
Hazelwood
Bosun

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog 7.62
This is getting frustrating....what directory do I put the missions created with the mission editor in so I can load and play them? Thanks for any help!!!!
Hi Mad Dog,

I use the mission editors a lot (SHIII and IV). There are many mysteries and no manual, which is a shame. Perhaps this will provide additional useful information.

Each single mission goes in a folder identified like this:

C:\Program files\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\Data\SingleMissions\MissionName

assuming you installed SH in the default location.

Step-by-step:

(1)Open ...\SingleMissions with Windows Explorer and create a NEW folder under \SingleMissions named \MyMission (you can call it anything but this is an example).

You should now see ... \SingleMissions\MyMission \MyMission is empty for now

(2)Now, start the Editor and work on your new mission. For the first SAVE, Choose Save As .... Point the save to ...\MyMission and specify a Save name *identical* to the folder name (MyMission in this case). \MyMission should now contain two files named MyMission.mis and MyMission.tsr.

After this the editor will knopw where the mission is and you can load/save from that location without having to name it.

That's it.

I have a full SHIII manual created by another entuisiast. I don't know if it is still available but if there is interest I can ask for permission to post it on my website or, perhaps, his link can still be found. The SHIII editor is almost identical to the SHIV.

best wishes,
Cpt. J. Hazelwood
Hazelwood is offline   Reply With Quote